Buy if you love the beautiful, modern high-end design but not for comfort.
Made In: ★★★★☆
Starting Sofa Price: ★★★☆☆
See in-person?: ★★★★★
Lead Times: ★★★★☆
Shipping & Delivery: ★★★★☆
Return Policy: ★★★☆☆
Home Trial: ★★★☆☆
Design lovers and craftsmen rejoice—Inside Weather has the most custom product out there (probably too many options tbh). They seem to be the only brand actually producing in America and have impressive sustainability initiatives and materials across their catalog (e.g. The water bottle sofa).
Made In: ★★★★★
Starting Sofa Price: ★★★★★
See in-person?: ☆☆☆☆☆
Lead Times: ★★★★☆
Shipping & Delivery: ★★★★☆
Return Policy: ★★★★☆
Home Trial: ★★★★★
China & USA
"We design everything we make. Blu Dot was founded twenty years ago by designers. We built a business to support our design habit and to have control of the entire process, from product development through the customer experience. Everything that we make and sell was designed right here, in our studio, in Minneapolis."
Living, Bedroom, Dinning, Office, Lighting, Outdoor
• We design everything we make
• Modern furniture made to last.
• Good design is a beautiful process.
"Inside Weather believes that shopping for furniture should be modern, personal and accessible—so we made it that way. Order it online, customize every detail, and have it delivered to your door in days. Assemble it in minutes, and enjoy it for years. No showrooms, markups, or heavy-lifting required."
Sofas, sectionals, chairs, accessories
• Designed & Made in the USA
• Quick Ship Custom
• 365 Day Home Trial
• Sustainable Furniture / Carbon Negative initiatives
"One of our core design principles is efficiency. We push for efficiency in every aspect of a product, from the use of materials, to machining and production, to packaging and transportation. With higher efficiency, we use fewer resources and make a smaller environmental footprint. Additionally, during the design process we consider the environmental impact of each decision we make and, whenever possible, choose the option that has a smaller impact on the environment. We also believe that buying good designs that last is a great way to be environmentally friendly."
• They have OEKO-TEX Certified Fabrics
• 100% recycled down alternative in their sofas that upcycles 200+ plastic water bottles per sofa
• Their solid wood and Baltic birch plywood are FSC & SFC Certified.
• For packaging, they use biodegradable, renewable foam, which is made of renewable sugar-based contents,
• Their boxes are made from upcycled cardboard
• For every order placed, two trees are planted via the National Forest Foundation.
• TSCA Title VI Compliance
• Eco-Certified Composite standards
• Unique designs made in-house
• Very clean & simple designs
• Quality materials
• Pretty transparent design process
• Free Swatches
• High price point
• No reviews on website
• Not many options, limited upholsteries
• Made in the United States
• The most customizable
• Plenty of upholstery options
• Free swatches
• Chaise on sectionals can go on both sides
• More affordable price from direct competitors
• Impressive sustainability initiatives
• Lead times are shorter than most brands, though still long
• A lot of customization options might be difficult for some to navigate
• Good amount of reviews
• Some negative reviews on delays, but common for a lot of brands
3 types (fabric, velvet, leather), limited colors. Depends on product line
Limited; fabric & leg finish
Total # of Swatches: 110+
# of Upholstery Types: 20
• Pet & Kid Friendly
• Liquid Repellent
• Oeko-Tex® Certified
Overall, a wide variety of color options and not just your typical grays/browns. Nice variety of textures as well.
Inside Weather allows you to customize most features of their sofas.
• Wood finishes
• Cushion comfort
Custom Sofa Collection:
• Wood/metal finishes
• Pillow/cushion shape,
• Leg style
• Arm style
• Cushion comfort
They have by far the most customization out of all brands we've looked at, so if you want a ton of control, take a look at their options.
Cushion materials depend on the product. No options
• Deluxe Memory Foam Blend - sink-in comfort
• Classic Plush Blend - firm yet cushy
Even though you can purchase either cushion type for both the Bondi Collection and the Custom Sofa Collection, the Bondi sofa cushions are 12 inches deep where as the Custom sofa cushions are 6 inches deep.
So we rank the Bondi as having more overall comfort because of it's above average depth.
They do have a couple modular sofa collections where you can create your own set up and reconfigure later.
The chaise on sectionals can be put on either side so you can change it at any time and don't have to worry about choosing the side upon purchase.
Their Bondi Collection allows you to remove the arms or back panels to then turn say a 3-seater sofa into a 2-seater sofa with a chaise.
• Sleeper sofas
• Removable cushion covers
• Pillows and cushions are reversible
• Air-mesh interior covers -- breathable material adding durability
• Throw pillows and bolsters available
In stock items typically ship out from their warehouse within 15-20 business days.
Reserve now, ships later: These items typically ship within 15-20 business days once they arrive in their warehouse.
Standard Shipping: 9% of order total. Delivered within 20-24 days. Large items shipped via freight and delivered within a pre-scheduled 4 hour window.
Inside Delivery + Assembly: 9% of order total PLUS $149 flat fee. Delivered within 20-30 days. Schedule a M-F delivery appointment. Items delivered to room of choice, assembled and packaging removed.
Sofas are simple to assembly, usually attaching legs or connecting sections
Have 10 days from receipt to return items and receive a full refund. After 10 days you will be charged a 20% re-stocking fee. Returns not accepted on items more than 120 days from receipt, unless defective. Original delivery fees are non-refundable and additional shipping fees may apply.
Can return items within 120 days but will pay a fee.
No info found
Made to Order in 4-6 weeks
• Free shipping over $1500, $8-$120 for orders below.
• Items ship flatpack in easy to manage boxes.
• White Glove Delivery available in select zip codes.
Tools (including drill!) included. 15 -45 minutes to assemble depending on configuration & options
Within first 14 days: free return shipping, 15% environmental fee
Up to 365 days: Must pay for return shipping, 25% environmental fee
Yes, 365 days but have to pay for return shipping and an environmental fee
One year warranty on furniture against manufacturing defects applicable to the original owner effective from the date of delivery.