Design lovers and craftsmen rejoice—Inside Weather has the most custom product out there (probably too many options tbh). They seem to be the only brand actually producing in America and have impressive sustainability initiatives and materials across their catalog (e.g. The water bottle sofa).
Made In: ★★★★★
Starting Sofa Price: ★★★★★
See in-person?: ☆☆☆☆☆
Lead Times: ★★★★☆
Shipping & Delivery: ★★★★☆
Return Policy: ★★★★☆
Home Trial: ★★★★★
"Inside Weather believes that shopping for furniture should be modern, personal and accessible—so we made it that way. Order it online, customize every detail, and have it delivered to your door in days. Assemble it in minutes, and enjoy it for years. No showrooms, markups, or heavy-lifting required."
Sofas, sectionals, chairs, accessories
• Designed & Made in the USA
• Quick Ship Custom
• 365 Day Home Trial
• Sustainable Furniture / Carbon Negative initiatives
• Free Swatches
• Free design services
• Extensive customization options
• Decent selection across categories
• Augmented Reality (AR) on mobile
• Trade program
• They have OEKO-TEX Certified Fabrics
• 100% recycled down alternative in their sofas that upcycles 200+ plastic water bottles per sofa
• Their solid wood and Baltic birch plywood are FSC & SFC Certified.
• For packaging, they use biodegradable, renewable foam, which is made of renewable sugar-based contents,
• Their boxes are made from upcycled cardboard
• For every order placed, two trees are planted via the National Forest Foundation.
• TSCA Title VI Compliance
• Eco-Certified Composite standards
Free Shipping on $1500+
(No coupon code required)
20% OFF SITEWIDE
• Made in the United States
• The most customizable
• Plenty of upholstery options
• Free swatches
• Chaise on sectionals can go on both sides
• More affordable price from direct competitors
• Impressive sustainability initiatives
• Lead times are shorter than most brands, though still long
• A lot of customization options might be difficult for some to navigate
• Good amount of reviews
• Some negative reviews on delays, but common for a lot of brands
Total # of Swatches: 110+
# of Upholstery Types: 20
• Pet & Kid Friendly
• Liquid Repellent
• Oeko-Tex® Certified
Overall, a wide variety of color options and not just your typical grays/browns. Nice variety of textures as well.
Inside Weather allows you to customize most features of their sofas.
• Wood finishes
• Cushion comfort
Custom Sofa Collection:
• Wood/metal finishes
• Pillow/cushion shape,
• Leg style
• Arm style
• Cushion comfort
They have by far the most customization out of all brands we've looked at, so if you want a ton of control, take a look at their options.
• Deluxe Memory Foam Blend - sink-in comfort
• Classic Plush Blend - firm yet cushy
Even though you can purchase either cushion type for both the Bondi Collection and the Custom Sofa Collection, the Bondi sofa cushions are 12 inches deep where as the Custom sofa cushions are 6 inches deep.
So we rank the Bondi as having more overall comfort because of it's above average depth.
The chaise on sectionals can be put on either side so you can change it at any time and don't have to worry about choosing the side upon purchase.
Their Bondi Collection allows you to remove the arms or back panels to then turn say a 3-seater sofa into a 2-seater sofa with a chaise.
• Removable cushion covers
• Pillows and cushions are reversible
• Air-mesh interior covers -- breathable material adding durability
• Throw pillows and bolsters available
Featured sofa lines from the brand.
Made to Order in 4-6 weeks
• Affirm: 0% financing
• Catch Payments: 10% back in store credit for every purchase
• Free shipping over $1500, $8-$120 for orders below.
• Items ship flatpack in easy to manage boxes.
• White Glove Delivery available in select zip codes.
Tools (including drill!) included. 15 -45 minutes to assemble depending on configuration & options
Within first 14 days: free return shipping, 15% environmental fee
Up to 365 days: Must pay for return shipping, 25% environmental fee
Yes, 365 days but have to pay for return shipping and an environmental fee
One year warranty on furniture against manufacturing defects applicable to the original owner effective from the date of delivery.
Inside Weather do feature reviews on their website and appear to have a decent number of reviews with images, so definitely helpful and authentic feeling. Not many negative reviews overall.
Love this couch! It’s like having a big day bed! I love how truly modular it is, we’ve ordered some more arm pillows to put behind the back cushions for when we have guests or just want to sit a bit more forward. Service has been great from ordering to delivery - recommend white glove option. We had an issue with one of the cushion covers arriving slightly damaged & IW we’re quick to send a replacement & assist with a few additional items we wanted to order.
- Tracey J.
Vintage Spiced Velvet
Worth the wait. I love this spicy velvet fabric. It feels so retro, but also very modern. It is also very comfortable. We had some issues with the cushions moving, but I think the people that put it together didn’t do it just right, so we took the cushions off and rearranged a bit and all has been well now. Love the look!
- Meg M.
Beautiful, Comfortable, Pet Friendly Sofa
We are so in love with our new Bondi three-seater sofa in mascarpone. In order to place the sofa away from a wall we needed something our multiple cats really would not scratch up and the wooden back panels on the Bondi effectively limit their destructive capabilities. That all of the covers zip off and can be cleaned with water and/or solvent is an extra bonus in our household which includes three cats and two dogs. But equally important, the sofa is so beautiful and so comfortable. It just looks amazing in the living room of our new home. We are very happy with our purchase.