A newer brand doing cool things in the furniture space but not sure enough of the pricetag is flowing into the sofa... Quality is disappointing, expect to pay for the hip experience.
Made In: ★★★☆☆
Starting Sofa Price: ★★☆☆☆
See in-person?: ★★☆☆☆
Lead Times: ★★★★☆
Shipping & Delivery: ★★★☆☆
Return Policy: ★★★☆☆
Home Trial: ☆☆☆☆☆
Design lovers and craftsmen rejoice—Inside Weather has the most custom product out there (probably too many options tbh). They seem to be the only brand actually producing in America and have impressive sustainability initiatives and materials across their catalog (e.g. The water bottle sofa).
Made In: ★★★★★
Starting Sofa Price: ★★★★★
See in-person?: ☆☆☆☆☆
Lead Times: ★★★★☆
Shipping & Delivery: ★★★★☆
Return Policy: ★★★★☆
Home Trial: ★★★★★
"Burrow products are thoughtfully designed in the USA and manufactured with carefully vetted partners from all over the world – including those in North Carolina, Vietnam, Poland, and India."
"We knew that if we wanted to make a meaningful difference, it wouldn’t be as simple as putting a couch in a box and selling it online. To set a new standard, we had to focus on three fundamental changes: a modular platform, a focus on function and fashion, and an investment in community and experience."
Seating, Storage, Tables, Home Office, Rugs, Accessories
• Fast & free shipping on all orders
• Modular, easy-to-move design
• Durable, premium materials
"Inside Weather believes that shopping for furniture should be modern, personal and accessible—so we made it that way. Order it online, customize every detail, and have it delivered to your door in days. Assemble it in minutes, and enjoy it for years. No showrooms, markups, or heavy-lifting required."
Sofas, sectionals, chairs, accessories
• Designed & Made in the USA
• Quick Ship Custom
• 365 Day Home Trial
• Sustainable Furniture / Carbon Negative initiatives
Wood sourced from responsibly managed forests
• They have OEKO-TEX Certified Fabrics
• 100% recycled down alternative in their sofas that upcycles 200+ plastic water bottles per sofa
• Their solid wood and Baltic birch plywood are FSC & SFC Certified.
• For packaging, they use biodegradable, renewable foam, which is made of renewable sugar-based contents,
• Their boxes are made from upcycled cardboard
• For every order placed, two trees are planted via the National Forest Foundation.
• TSCA Title VI Compliance
• Eco-Certified Composite standards
• Moveable Chaise
• Built in USB charger
• Free Swatches
• Not many color options
• A lot of assembly
• More of an upright sit, not a deep sofa
• Made in the United States
• The most customizable
• Plenty of upholstery options
• Free swatches
• Chaise on sectionals can go on both sides
• More affordable price from direct competitors
• Impressive sustainability initiatives
• Lead times are shorter than most brands, though still long
• A lot of customization options might be difficult for some to navigate
• Good amount of reviews
• Some negative reviews on delays, but common for a lot of brands
Total # of Swatches: 17
# of Upholstery Types: 3 (fabric, leather, velvet. Not all options are available on all sofas)
• Fiber weave is scratch and stain resistant
• Velvet is "durable and easy-to-clean performance velvet"
• Leather is a "beautiful, natural material that develops a unique patina"
2 sofa styles:
Nomad (more classic look): has 3 different arm styles, fabric/velvet/leather options, can choose leg finish & material.
Range (more contemporary): only 4 fabric options and 3 wood finishes
Total # of Swatches: 110+
# of Upholstery Types: 20
• Pet & Kid Friendly
• Liquid Repellent
• Oeko-Tex® Certified
Overall, a wide variety of color options and not just your typical grays/browns. Nice variety of textures as well.
Inside Weather allows you to customize most features of their sofas.
• Wood finishes
• Cushion comfort
Custom Sofa Collection:
• Wood/metal finishes
• Pillow/cushion shape,
• Leg style
• Arm style
• Cushion comfort
They have by far the most customization out of all brands we've looked at, so if you want a ton of control, take a look at their options.
Nomad Collection: The cushions are formulated for lasting comfort with our proprietary three-layer foam and fiber architecture, and feature a plush crown for a soft initial sit.
Range Collection: The cushions use a combination of medium-density foam, shredded fill, and fiber wadding to give that immediate sink-in feeling with enduring comfort.
• Deluxe Memory Foam Blend - sink-in comfort
• Classic Plush Blend - firm yet cushy
Even though you can purchase either cushion type for both the Bondi Collection and the Custom Sofa Collection, the Bondi sofa cushions are 12 inches deep where as the Custom sofa cushions are 6 inches deep.
So we rank the Bondi as having more overall comfort because of it's above average depth.
Nomad Collection features the Moveable Chaise: can be attached to any seat: left, right, or in the middle.
Range Collection features a universal modular system: there are countless possible configurations, thanks to standardized connections and sizing. Can add in integrated tables or an attachable ottoman
The chaise on sectionals can be put on either side so you can change it at any time and don't have to worry about choosing the side upon purchase.
Their Bondi Collection allows you to remove the arms or back panels to then turn say a 3-seater sofa into a 2-seater sofa with a chaise.
• Moveable Chaise
• Sleep Kit (bedding to specifically fit your sofa)
• Lumbar pillows
• Built-in USB charger
• "Sofa in a box"
• Removable cushion covers
• Pillows and cushions are reversible
• Air-mesh interior covers -- breathable material adding durability
• Throw pillows and bolsters available
Ships in 4-8 weeks
Standard delivery only, FREE shipping on all orders
Ships in boxes, assembly required
30 day return policy that incurs a return shipping charge of 10% of what you paid, with original packaging. If you do not have the original packaging, then a 20% fee is incurred. The fee is always capped at $250.
They do offer 1 free exchange, so if you decide the fabric or leg finish etc, isn't right, you can exchange for an item of equal value. There is no return shipping fee for an exchange.
Home Trial: none
1 year warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship. There are no fees to repair, replace, or return an item that's covered by the warranty. Warranty not transferable: it can't be extended to cover a re-sold item. Defects or damage caused by negligence, misuse, accidents, abnormal use, modifications, or commercial purposes will not be covered by the Burrow warranty.
Made to Order in 4-6 weeks
• Free shipping over $1500, $8-$120 for orders below.
• Items ship flatpack in easy to manage boxes.
• White Glove Delivery available in select zip codes.
Tools (including drill!) included. 15 -45 minutes to assemble depending on configuration & options
Within first 14 days: free return shipping, 15% environmental fee
Up to 365 days: Must pay for return shipping, 25% environmental fee
Yes, 365 days but have to pay for return shipping and an environmental fee
One year warranty on furniture against manufacturing defects applicable to the original owner effective from the date of delivery.