Design lovers and craftsmen rejoice—Inside Weather has the most custom product out there (probably too many options tbh). They seem to be the only brand actually producing in America and have impressive sustainability initiatives and materials across their catalog (e.g. The water bottle sofa).
Made In: ★★★★★
Starting Sofa Price: ★★★★★
See in-person?: ☆☆☆☆☆
Lead Times: ★★★★☆
Shipping & Delivery: ★★★★☆
Return Policy: ★★★★☆
Home Trial: ★★★★★
Diverse selection that includes all the basic desired styles for a fair price but we’re not sold on their quality.
Made In: ★★★★☆
Starting Sofa Price: ★★☆☆☆
See in-person?: ★★★☆☆
Lead Times: ★★★☆☆
Shipping & Delivery: ★★★★☆
Return Policy: ★★★★☆
Home Trial: ★★★☆☆
"Inside Weather believes that shopping for furniture should be modern, personal and accessible—so we made it that way. Order it online, customize every detail, and have it delivered to your door in days. Assemble it in minutes, and enjoy it for years. No showrooms, markups, or heavy-lifting required."
Sofas, sectionals, chairs, accessories
• Designed & Made in the USA
• Quick Ship Custom
• 365 Day Home Trial
• Sustainable Furniture / Carbon Negative initiatives
"Joybird was founded on the idea that people should never settle when it comes to their home furnishing, but rather have the freedom to be boldly original. Our custom-made and curated furniture is built to meet the demands and unique tastes of our customers, providing a high-quality product that will be enjoyed for a lifetime."
Living, Dining, Bedroom, Home Office, Decor
• Contactless, flat-rate delivery
• 90-day returns
• Limited lifetime warranty
• Free design services
• They have OEKO-TEX Certified Fabrics
• 100% recycled down alternative in their sofas that upcycles 200+ plastic water bottles per sofa
• Their solid wood and Baltic birch plywood are FSC & SFC Certified.
• For packaging, they use biodegradable, renewable foam, which is made of renewable sugar-based contents,
• Their boxes are made from upcycled cardboard
• For every order placed, two trees are planted via the National Forest Foundation.
• TSCA Title VI Compliance
• Eco-Certified Composite standards
• Kiln dried hardwood: "responsibly-sourced wood"
• For every order placed, a tree is planted
• Made in the United States
• The most customizable
• Plenty of upholstery options
• Free swatches
• Chaise on sectionals can go on both sides
• More affordable price from direct competitors
• Impressive sustainability initiatives
• Lead times are shorter than most brands, though still long
• A lot of customization options might be difficult for some to navigate
• Good amount of reviews
• Some negative reviews on delays, but common for a lot of brands
• Variety of silhouettes
• Plenty of color choices
• Ready to Ship items
• Order now, decide upholstery later
• Compare upholstery tool - side by side view of 2 different fabrics on sofa of choice
• Established company
• Quality concerns due to negative reviews online
• Mainly Mid-Century Modern style
Total # of Swatches: 110+
# of Upholstery Types: 20
• Pet & Kid Friendly
• Liquid Repellent
• Oeko-Tex® Certified
Overall, a wide variety of color options and not just your typical grays/browns. Nice variety of textures as well.
Inside Weather allows you to customize most features of their sofas.
• Wood finishes
• Cushion comfort
Custom Sofa Collection:
• Wood/metal finishes
• Pillow/cushion shape,
• Leg style
• Arm style
• Cushion comfort
They have by far the most customization out of all brands we've looked at, so if you want a ton of control, take a look at their options.
Total # of Swatches: 82
# of Upholstery Types: 72 fabrics & 10 leathers
Material Features Available:
• Kid & Pet-Friendly
• Safeguard (only 5)
• Deluxe Memory Foam Blend - sink-in comfort
• Classic Plush Blend - firm yet cushy
Even though you can purchase either cushion type for both the Bondi Collection and the Custom Sofa Collection, the Bondi sofa cushions are 12 inches deep where as the Custom sofa cushions are 6 inches deep.
So we rank the Bondi as having more overall comfort because of it's above average depth.
Level of comfort depends on sofa collection. Most of our collections use our seat and back cushions contain 2.0-lb, high-density foam cores wrapped in a softer plush foam. The overall cushioning is both very comfortable and offers excellent support. The high-density cores help the cushions remain strong and durable over time, while the plush outer layer provides the comfort and composition found in high-end upholstered goods. Certain frames offer Trillium, a down alternative, or fiberfill on the back cushions, making them extra soft."
The chaise on sectionals can be put on either side so you can change it at any time and don't have to worry about choosing the side upon purchase.
Their Bondi Collection allows you to remove the arms or back panels to then turn say a 3-seater sofa into a 2-seater sofa with a chaise.
They have a few modular sofa collections where you can mix and match components to create the configuration you need.
• Removable cushion covers
• Pillows and cushions are reversible
• Air-mesh interior covers -- breathable material adding durability
• Throw pillows and bolsters available
• Sleeper sofas
• Some collections feature removable cushion covers
Made to Order in 4-6 weeks
• Free shipping over $1500, $8-$120 for orders below.
• Items ship flatpack in easy to manage boxes.
• White Glove Delivery available in select zip codes.
Tools (including drill!) included. 15 -45 minutes to assemble depending on configuration & options
Within first 14 days: free return shipping, 15% environmental fee
Up to 365 days: Must pay for return shipping, 25% environmental fee
Yes, 365 days but have to pay for return shipping and an environmental fee
One year warranty on furniture against manufacturing defects applicable to the original owner effective from the date of delivery.
5+ weeks. Quick ship options available
• Curbside Delivery: $49
• In-Home Delivery: Price depends on location. Premium white-glove service, pre-scheduled delivery date, team will unpack and deliver item to room of choice
• Delayed Shipping: Can delay production and have it shipped when you are ready.
Just screw on legs
You have 90 days after delivery date to return an item in its original packaging. You must pay for return shipping. Upon return, your merchandise will be inspected and appropriate credits and/or refunds will be issued for the item(s) and any taxes due to be refunded in accordance with state law. There will also be a 10% restocking fee.
You are allowed 1 free exchange, up to 90 days after delivery. The exchange can be a product that is either the same product type, or a higher priced item.
Home Trial: none
Every Joybird-manufactured product is covered under a limited lifetime warranty. This type of coverage applies to all of the foundational elements of your furniture: wood frames, springs, joints, bases, legs, and hardware, which are integral to the life of your product. We promise to pay standard rates for repair if needed or to provide an alternative solution should the issue be unable to be repaired.
One-Year Limited Warranty coverage applies to any manufacturer’s defects or shipping damage to our legs, fabrics, leathers, foams, seams, tufting, mattresses, wood stains, and finishes. If a repair is needed, we will pay standard rates for repair, or provide an alternative solution should the item be unable to be repaired.