Respect their simplicity and sustainability goals but they only have two looks and they are definitely not for everyone.
Made In: ★★★★★
Starting Sofa Price: ★★★☆☆
See in-person?: ★★★☆☆
Lead Times: ★★★☆☆
Shipping & Delivery: ★★★★☆
Return Policy: ★★★☆☆
Home Trial: ☆☆☆☆☆
"Floyd began because we were tired of disposable furniture. So we set out to design products of lasting quality for how people live today. Furniture should be made for the home, not the landfill. Made with materials that last. It’s a different way of making furniture. We call it furniture for keeping."
manufactured with partners across the US
Sofas, Bed, Tables, Storage, Outdoor, Accessories
• Tested to Last.
• Designed in Detroit.
• Free swatches
• 2025 Sustainability Plan
"We began Floyd out of a reaction to disposable furniture. At Floyd, we believe furniture should be made for the home, not the landfill."
• Floyd Resale & Refurbishment program launched
2025 Sustainability Goals:
• Ensure 70% of material comes from either recycled or renewable sources
• Minimize packing materials and eliminate single use plastics.
• Use 100% FSC certified wood across all products.
• Measure, disclose, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions across our supply chain.
• Sustainability efforts
• Easy assembly
• Pet-friendly fabrics
• Free Swatches
• Limited options & styles
• Cushion covers not removable
• Style not for everyone.
Detroit showroom, select Airbnb homes
Total # of Swatches: 10 (5 on "The Sofa" and 5 on "The Sectional")
# of Upholstery Types: 1
Material Features: Pet-Friendly fabric: tight weave (more difficult for cats to claw) and stain/smell resistant
• 2 Styles: The Sofa & The Sectional
• 10 colors, 5 per style
• Can adjust configuration & add an ottoman/chaise
• Not much info on comfort for "The Sofa"
• "The Sectional" Info: The cushions are made of two layers of foam meant to minimize sagging and softening of cushions over time. The bottom layer is firmer and provides more structure, while the top layer is lower density resulting in a sit that allows you to sink in while providing ample support.
"The Sectional" is designed to be modular and grow with you over time. You can start small and then add on or rearrange whenever needed.
• "The Sofa" frame can be in wood or upholstered
• Can add a chaise to "The Sofa"
• Can add a modular table, more seats, an ottoman, throw pillows, to "The Sectional"
3-9 weeks, depending on options
Qualify for 0% financing with Affirm
• Scheduled Freight Partner: Cost based on order value, from $5 to $149. Scheduled home delivery, Monday through Saturday, 7am-8:30pm.
• Room of Choice Delivery: Shipping Fee + $49: Scheduled delivery inside your home to your room of choice, Monday through Saturday, 7am-8:30pm. Does not include set-up, assembly or packaging removal.
• No white glove assembly
• The Sofa: Only need the provided "Floyd Tool", easy assembly
• The Sectional: no tools needed. Just clip sectionsl together
30 days from delivery to return items in original packaging. Original shipping and delivery fees non-refundable. All packages being returned must move back into transit with the approved carrier within 30 days of receiving the return labels.
Home Trial: none
3 year warranty, covering the seat cushions, seat/back/arm panels, and sectional units will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the original purchaser only.
10 year warranty covering the frame, inclusive of the steel legs, steel cross bars, wood seat/back/arm panels, and inner frame of sectional units will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the original purchaser only.
Floyd does include reviews on their site, in order to view you must go to each product as there is not a full "reviews" page. None of the reivews have images so have to go to social media to see customer images. Reviews appear to be mixed.
After 1.5 years of using this sofa, here are my thoughts
I purchased the 3-seat chaise in August 2019 so I've had this sofa for almost 1.5 years now. Overall, I think I made the right purchase, but this sofa is not for everyone. Here's my assessment of this sofa after 1.5 years of use:
1. It's a great size for a small space. I truly do think this is a great apartment sofa.
2. It'Read more about review stating After 1.5 years of using this sofa, here are my thoughtss so easy to assemble. I haven't disassembled it yet, but one of the reasons I decided to buy this sofa is because it's easy to take apart and put together. I like that I can unzip the cushion coverings to wash them.
3. It's quite comfortable. It's more comfortable than I expected. I think there's a right balance of firm and cushy. Also the frame itself feels very sturdy.
4. I love the color that I selected - Mist. This color works really well with my place. People have complimented this sofa - it is stylish.
1. While it is comfortable when you sit, there's not much seat depth so it can be hard to settle into the seat. Also I feel like I might fall off when I lay across the seats if I'm on the non-chaise side. Oddly, I don't find that laying across the chaise feels comfortable either, but instead I lay across the seats on the chaise side and I use the chaise like a side table - that is comfortable.
2. The cushions, while comfy, tend to get misshapen. If I sit in one spot frequently, that spot tends to depress or flatten down. The back cushions also get misshapen if I lean a certain way frequently. But it's easy to reshape.
Overall, I'm glad I have this sofa. It's not perfect but I think it is still the best choice for my living situation.
Great look, poor investment
We bought the couch about six months ago and, while it looks great, it is extremely uncomfortable. The bottom seat cushions are filled such that, no matter which way you put them on the couch, they slope down in the front and make you feel like you’re falling forward off of the couch. We hoped we could ‘wear’ them in so that the couch would be morRead more about review stating Great look, poor investmente comfortable, but it’s just as uncomfortable today as it was when we put it together. We were happy to support Floyd, but this was a lot of money for such an uncomfortable couch.
- Robin C.
The sofa is attractive, definitely
The sofa is attractive, definitely easy to put together, and the upholstery is soft, attractive and easy to clean. The depth of the sofa is a bit of a problem, I think, if you are using this as a lounge space for relaxing, etc. The depth of the sofa relative to most current sofas out there is pretty shallow. It feels a bit like a waiting room sofaRead more about review stating The sofa is attractive, definitely (makes you sit pretty upright) unless you put your feet up on an ottoman, turn sideways, OR have the added chaise to provide more snuggling in room. My husband and I have found ways to make it comfortable, but if you like a deep seat on your sofa, you may want to reconsider. Love everything else about it, and service and delivery was smooth!
- Mary C.