Love them for their wide offering of both classics and trendy styles at a fairly reasonable price point. Expect long lead times and impersonal service but you’re buying the brand and the look you want.
Made In: ★★★☆☆
Starting Sofa Price: ★★★★★
See in-person?: ★★★★★
Lead Times: ★★★☆☆
Shipping & Delivery: ★★★☆☆
Return Policy: ★★★☆☆
Home Trial: ☆☆☆☆☆
Design lovers and craftsmen rejoice—Inside Weather has the most custom product out there (probably too many options tbh). They seem to be the only brand actually producing in America and have impressive sustainability initiatives and materials across their catalog (e.g. The water bottle sofa).
Made In: ★★★★★
Starting Sofa Price: ★★★★★
See in-person?: ☆☆☆☆☆
Lead Times: ★★★★☆
Shipping & Delivery: ★★★★☆
Return Policy: ★★★★☆
Home Trial: ★★★★★
both USA & Asia
"We are Modern Together, helping to make lifebrighter, more creative, more inviting."
Furniture, Decor & Mirrors, Holidays, Lighting, Gifts, Pillows & Throws, Rugs, Kitchen & Dining, Bedding, Bath, Outdoor
• Ideas and inspiration
• Free Design services
"Inside Weather believes that shopping for furniture should be modern, personal and accessible—so we made it that way. Order it online, customize every detail, and have it delivered to your door in days. Assemble it in minutes, and enjoy it for years. No showrooms, markups, or heavy-lifting required."
Sofas, sectionals, chairs, accessories
• Designed & Made in the USA
• Quick Ship Custom
• 365 Day Home Trial
• Sustainable Furniture / Carbon Negative initiatives
Committed to responsible forestry. Look for FSC-Certified to find collections crafted with wood that's sustainably sourced.
• They have OEKO-TEX Certified Fabrics
• 100% recycled down alternative in their sofas that upcycles 200+ plastic water bottles per sofa
• Their solid wood and Baltic birch plywood are FSC & SFC Certified.
• For packaging, they use biodegradable, renewable foam, which is made of renewable sugar-based contents,
• Their boxes are made from upcycled cardboard
• For every order placed, two trees are planted via the National Forest Foundation.
• TSCA Title VI Compliance
• Eco-Certified Composite standards
• Free Swatches
• Very unique styles and silhouettes, something for everyone
• Release new looks often
• "Build our own Sectional" tool
• Not many reviews, but reviews that are left are generally positive
• Can get expensive quick
• Free Swatches - also a con since you can only order swatches per product, there isn't a list of all swatches to order from.
• Made in the United States
• The most customizable
• Plenty of upholstery options
• Free swatches
• Chaise on sectionals can go on both sides
• More affordable price from direct competitors
• Impressive sustainability initiatives
• Lead times are shorter than most brands, though still long
• A lot of customization options might be difficult for some to navigate
• Good amount of reviews
• Some negative reviews on delays, but common for a lot of brands
Total # of Swatches: 25+ [not all fabrics available on all sofas.]
# of Upholstery Types: Fabrics, velvets, boucle, leather, etc, but only a few colors per type, hard to tell since there isn't a list showing all
Total # of Swatches: 110+
# of Upholstery Types: 20
• Pet & Kid Friendly
• Liquid Repellent
• Oeko-Tex® Certified
Overall, a wide variety of color options and not just your typical grays/browns. Nice variety of textures as well.
Inside Weather allows you to customize most features of their sofas.
• Wood finishes
• Cushion comfort
Custom Sofa Collection:
• Wood/metal finishes
• Pillow/cushion shape,
• Leg style
• Arm style
• Cushion comfort
They have by far the most customization out of all brands we've looked at, so if you want a ton of control, take a look at their options.
No comfort options. Materials used varies depending on sofa collection.
• Deluxe Memory Foam Blend - sink-in comfort
• Classic Plush Blend - firm yet cushy
Even though you can purchase either cushion type for both the Bondi Collection and the Custom Sofa Collection, the Bondi sofa cushions are 12 inches deep where as the Custom sofa cushions are 6 inches deep.
So we rank the Bondi as having more overall comfort because of it's above average depth.
"Build our own Sectional" tool - visual way to build your configuration so it's super clear what you can make based on the individual pieces you opt for
The chaise on sectionals can be put on either side so you can change it at any time and don't have to worry about choosing the side upon purchase.
Their Bondi Collection allows you to remove the arms or back panels to then turn say a 3-seater sofa into a 2-seater sofa with a chaise.
• Removable cushion covers
• Pillows and cushions are reversible
• Air-mesh interior covers -- breathable material adding durability
• Throw pillows and bolsters available
If in stock, ships quickly. If out of stock, estimates range. A lot are estimated at 4 months out, but if it's custom made then it can be 7+ months.
• Standard Delivery: $4.95 to 10% of merchandise total based on merchandise total
• Basic freight: $89-159 depending on merchandise total
• Local in-home delivery: $79-$299 depending on distance from shipping point. Items delivered to room of choice & packaging removed
• Long distance in-home delivery: $299 if 100 miles within CB2's shipping points. Items delivered to room of choice & packaging removed
Fees based on location & size of items
Assembly varies from simple add legs, to more involved on items that ship almost flat pack
To return Basic Freight items, call CB2 or contact the store where the original purchase was made within 7 days of delivery; returns will only be accepted if the return is completed within 30 days of delivery. The item will be inspected upon return, and a refund amount will be determined based on its condition. Custom order upholstery items can't be returned or exchanged.
Home Trial: none
Made to Order in 4-6 weeks
• Free shipping over $1500, $8-$120 for orders below.
• Items ship flatpack in easy to manage boxes.
• White Glove Delivery available in select zip codes.
Tools (including drill!) included. 15 -45 minutes to assemble depending on configuration & options
Within first 14 days: free return shipping, 15% environmental fee
Up to 365 days: Must pay for return shipping, 25% environmental fee
Yes, 365 days but have to pay for return shipping and an environmental fee
One year warranty on furniture against manufacturing defects applicable to the original owner effective from the date of delivery.