All the “in” styles but expect to pay a premium for a brand name that doesn’t go above & beyond in the experience.
Made In: ★★★☆☆
Starting Sofa Price: ★★★★★
See in-person?: ★★★★★
Lead Times: ★★★☆☆
Shipping & Delivery: ★★★★☆
Return Policy: ★★★☆☆
Home Trial: ☆☆☆☆☆
Maiden Home furniture is made-to-order in the USA. Their modern, luxurious furniture is sustainable and made with high quality materials.
Made In: ★★★★★
Starting Sofa Price: ★★★★☆
See in-person?: ★★★★☆
Lead Times: ★★★★★
Shipping & Delivery: ★★★★★
Return Policy: ★★★☆☆
Home Trial: ☆☆☆☆☆
"Your home is nothing if not personal. At West Elm, we're here to help you create a space that reflects you and what you love. That means forward-thinking, problem-solving design that unites value, quality and responsible manufacturing. Because you should feel good about your home—and how it comes together."
Furniture, Outdoors, Rugs, Bedding, Bath, Lighting, Pillows & Decor, Windows, Art & Mirrors, Kitchen & Dining, Garden, Storage
• "Good design" "Good for you" "Good for the planet"
• Assembled in the USA: "We hand assemble and upholster 65% of our sofas close to home, overseeing the manufacturing process to bring you top-notch quality without the middleman or markup."
• Contract grade
• Sustainably sourced: 52% of our wood furniture is sustainably sourced.
• Fair-trade certified: In 2014, we were the first-ever home retailer to join Fair Trade USA.
• More ways to shop your values: "locally made" "organic" "handcrafted" "certified nontoxic"
Design-driven luxury for the modern home—handcrafted to the highest standards by our North Carolina artisans. The concept begins in our studio, where we design every piece to be high in comfort and rich in detail. Shape, curvature, and our signature tailoring form a collection of modern yet timeless silhouettes.
Sofas, sectionals, chairs, beds, coffees tables, benches and ottomans, dining tables, dining chairs and stools
• Made in the US
• Limited Customization Options
• Lifetime Limited Warranty
Sustainably sourced: "Our Good Design approach sources more FSC®-certified, recycled & upcycled materials, resulting in less waste."
52% of our wood furniture is sustainably sourced.
66M plastic bottles kept from landfill through REPREVE® recycled polyester.
Organic: Grown without pesticides or chemical fertilizers, organic fibers contribute to healthier ecosystems.
• Certified by the CertiPUR-US® program
• Water-based, low-VOC glues and stains used whenever possible
• Hardwoods meet the standards of the Sustainable Forestry Initiative
• Springs made of recycled steel
• Cushion cores made with renewable, soy-based foam
• GREENGUARD Gold Certified fabrics
• Trending styles & fabrics
• Variety of silhouettes
• Plenty of upholstery options
• Sectional builder tool to create your own custom configuration
• Quality/Durability concerns
• Lead times are long for anything custom
• Customer support concerns (lot's of complains in comments on social media)
• Sustainable Limited Life Time Warranty
• Modular sofa options
• No Sales
• Only one return per household
• No commercial grade fabric
• No reviews with pictures on the website
Total # of Swatches: 75+
# of Upholstery Types: fabrics, leathers, velvets, boucle, etc available. Depends on item
Material Features Available:
Width & depth options, cushion style, leg style, upholstery
• 70+ Swatches
• Performance Grade
• Commercial Grade
Fabric, configurations, and sofa width.
No comfort options, materials based on sofa collection.
No custom cushion options.
8+ modular sofa collections where you create your own configuration
The Jones is their only modular collection.
• Reversible cushions
• The Muir Sofa has a build in side table
• Customizable ottomans
In stock, ready to ship
Custom made: 6-12+ weeks
Home Delivery: Flat rate fee based on your location, from $149 to $99. Usually includes white-glove delivery where items are delivered to your home by appointment to your room of choice — and are then unpacked and fully assembled.
Doorstep Delivery service is available for select items at a lower flat rate. With Doorstep Delivery you are responsible for bringing items into your home, assembly is not included.
Ship to Store: Pick up at a local store for items that are not already in stock at the store. Reduced flat rate fee ($19.99 to $249)
minimal. White glove delivery assembles the item for you
Most items are eligible for return within 30 days of purchase or delivery for a refund of the merchandise value.
Home Trial: no
• White Glove Delivery on all furniture delivery - $135 flat rate
• Ships to 48 states in the US excluding Alaska and Hawaii
• Ships to select locations in Canada
No need to assemble since all deliveries are White Glove. All tools are included for assembly.
• Can return within 30 days with a 10% fee
• Does not offer a home trial
Lifetime Limited Warranty